When we decide to trust in a higher purpose, and we stop fretting over all the little things that can pile up during any given day, we gain perspective. Isn’t everything in life able to be seen from either the perspective of fear, or the perspective of love? Every choice we make we get to decide if we will be in fear, void of trust and hope, or from the attitude of love, where all things are in harmony, and even when they are not, knowing that in some way, at some point, this too shall pass.
I can be in such a state of fear when I feel that I cannot control all of what’s around me. It is an endless and thankless task, to be master of not only my universe, but yours and theirs also. It leaves me feeling like a failure, and in a constant state of worry, that I haven’t been successful in my ability to control the destiny of all around me. My perspective needs adjusting.
What can I control? People? Places? Things?
That question is the first to answer, and it’s an easy answer, I can only control how I choose to react to people, places and things, but not the objects themselves. This is a great relief, as I still am able to have my “control freak” need met, but from a place of stillness, and understanding of my role in this game. When I relax into this, and look at each experience as an opportunity to practice kindness, compassion, understanding, allowing, I am at peace with me. I can continue to march on to the beat of my drum, and enjoy the resonance of the choir of drums of all of you. Then we are in harmony.
Lets think of some ways that we, today, can choose to act in harmony with each other.
1. Understand that other people have every right to have their feelings, even if they don’t match or meet yours.
2. Learn how to be a better listener to others, it takes practice to listen with your heart instead of a critical mind.
3. Be happy with who you are, and the differences that make you UNIQUE. You are a special gift also, and there is only one of you.
4. When you get frustrated with a situation or a person, take a breath and ask yourself, why am I upset about this? What is it in me that doesn’t accept this “thing” as it is? Sometimes its obvious that someone has hurt you, or let you down, and you do have choices around this. You ned to determine if the situation is toxic to you, or workable. Dig deep to get the answer. It’s not about changing them, but what you can do for yourself that is for the greater good. If someone is toxic, then standing by and allowing toxicity is only enabling them, let go with love.
5. Ask your higher power for more compassion, more acceptance of life and all of its ups and downs. We all go through dark times, and have our shadows, in this we are all the same. When we can truly see the suffering of another, and relate it to our darkness, then we are able to let a little bit of light into our hearts and help each other, and mutually evolve from a place of common ground, and empathy.
Are you choosing to be in acceptance today?